Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The vineyard of the man lacking sense | Ferrell's Travel Blog

The vineyard of the man lacking sense | Ferrell's Travel Blog: "Posted on January 11, 2011 by ferrelljenkins| Leave a comment
I passed by the field of the sluggard And by the vineyard of the man lacking sense, And behold, it was completely overgrown with thistles; Its surface was covered with nettles, And its stone wall was broken down. When I saw, I reflected upon it; I looked, and received instruction. “A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to rest,” Then your poverty will come as a robber And your want like an armed man. (Proverbs 24:30-34 NAU)


Neglected vineyard at Neot Kedumim. Photo by Ferrell Jenkins.

A broken stone wall of the vineyard. Photo by Ferrell Jenkins.
These images might also provide some insight into the statement of the Shulammite girl.

Do not stare at me because I am swarthy, For the sun has burned me. My mother’s sons were angry with me; They made me caretaker of the vineyards, But I have not taken care of my own vineyard. (Song of Solomon 1:6 NAU)

Many worthwhile applications may be drawn from the Scriptural truth illustrated by these photos. I hope you will take a little time today to meditate on these things.

Larger photos suitable for use in sermons and Bible classes are available by clicking on the image."

No comments:

Post a Comment