Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Book Review: Rhythms of Grace Discovering God’s Tempo for Your Life

Book Review:

Rhythms of Grace 
Discovering God’s Tempo for Your Life

By Kerri Weems


This has been an interesting book, especially from the light of realigning yourself with God in your life. I was anticipating a book for women, but was pleasantly surprised at how Ms. Weems wrote the book. I had never considered the Sabbath, or the Lord's day as a heartbeat for the believer. I knew it to be expected, but I missed the rhythm aspect. So, Kudo 1. I followed the rest of the book with interest, and having been in both the ministerial world as well as the secular world I could relate to how the world gets us out of rhythm. Her introduction in the chapters to the main points, invites the reader to investigate further at their own pace. Kudo 2! Finally, the end of the book lists additional resources so that the reader can investigate further. Kudo 3!

Negatives? Only minor. There were parts of it I did consider dry and I guess because I have read dozens of “self help” books there were parts that followed this format. That said, she kept to her point of keeping rhythm to God's beat.


My recommendation – its a good book and the reader would do good to have it in their library. And with that, I bid you Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment