Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Book Review: Companion To The Old Testament, by:Ted Leach


Book Review: Companion To The Old Testament, by:Ted Leach

This book reminds me of Halley's Bible Handbook, a neat quick reference guide to have in a library. This book I found to be a brief yet interesting guide to the Jewish concept of the Bible, it's customs and times. I've been studying these things deeper, especially in review for classes I do currently O. The Old Testament. I wish that I had this guide sooner in that process. While I found myself wishing that this book went into more detail , I had to remind myself that it is a companion book. This said, don't go away thinking that this book isn't without it's resources. It is well referenced, footnoted, and thought out. I found these extremely valuable, almost as interesting as the book itself. There were quick questions at the end of the chapters so it can be used as a study guide for a class, or personal study.

Negatives? Only in trying to make the book more than it is designed to be. I recommend the book for a quick reference. It is good for your library and I don't  think you will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment