Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Thrive - Digging Deep Reaching Out by: Mark Hall

Thrive - Digging Deep Reaching Out by: Mark Hall

I admit it, I chose this book because I am a HUGE fan of Casting Crowns. I love the song that bears the same name, and it literally sums up the book. The book I am reviewing is a student edition, and it is an excellent book for young and small group discussion. It is simple enough to keep attention, makes excellent spiritual points, yet does not overburden the issues. It leaves room for discussion, growth and literally digging deep into God’s word. I have been reading this slowly to consider each chapter's thoughts and considerations, and have found it a favourite part of my personal quiet time. Mark Hall has done a good job at relating to those to whom he ministers both here and in his music. It could deserve a sequel book that "digs deeper" and gives the reader more foundation and depth. It does a good job of giving the principles, but could go deeper into reaching out and what that means. But, that isn't the point of a student edition. It is intended to provoke the student to the that step. 

My rating on this book is good and I highly recommend it for teaching. You won’t be disappointed, in fact you might just find yourself growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment