Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Artful Words

Discovering His Image: Exploding From the Inside Out by Jennifer Payne

I first became interested in poetry as a literature in High School, and thanks to my professor in college I got tuned in to classic poetry. I found it like art, full of color and expression. I became interested in poetry from a biblical perspective in the Psalms, once again allowing myself to become pulled in the words into the colorful world of extreme full emotion.  I say this to say, that while I love good poetry, I just as easily distaste bad poetry. It takes a lot for me to like a poem. There is so much to it. It has to be well written, expressive, colorful, pulling the reader into its depths. When I received this book, I admit skepticism. I opened and read, the first one - good one. Next one. ..hmm. ..third one, wow these aren't bad. Next morning in my morning personal time I had read an entire chapter. I was hooked...and still am.
Now, all of this said, understand that if you aren't into poetry this probably isn't for you. But if you find yourself in need of a boost, a lift to your morning or need some artful expression to go with your morning coffee - get it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment