Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Am I a Shriveled Piece of Bacon?

"My friends, consider yourselves fortunate when all kinds of trials come your way,  for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trials, the result is the ability to endure. Make sure that your endurance carries you all the way without failing, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
 Jas.1:2-4

Part of becoming spiritually mature is learning the difference between when God says “no” and “not yet.”  And, the "not yet" can sometimes be an answer that spans years. Why? So God can watch me writhe in pain, or torment me without cause? No...this was Job's take on what he perceived God was doing to him. Until in the end of the book, Job was given a glimpse of the bigger picture and has to then acknowledge, "In the past I knew only what others had told me, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. So I am ashamed of all I have said and repent in dust and ashes. (Job 42:5,6)"  

God’s delay in answer can mean many things. It may be to test of your patience, it may be because there is something else better that God wants you to do or get, it may be the delay is because God wants someone else to be involved. Whatever the reason, anybody can be patient once, most people can be patient twice. Some of us can be patient three times. So God allows our patience to be tested over and over and over. Why? So he can see how patient you are? No! He already knows that. He allows it so you can see how patient you are — so you’ll know what’s inside you, and you’ll be able to know your own level of commitment. God allows you to be tested so that you can KNOW that He is faithful, even if the answers you seek are delayed.

Even as little children, we learn to pout and declare "its not fair!" We may be going through difficult times right now, discouraged because the situation you feel that what you face seems unmanageable, unreasonable, or unfair. It may even seem unbearable, and inside you’re basically saying, “God, I can’t take it anymore. I just can’t take it anymore!”  The truth? - you can.
You can stay with it longer, bear up to, last through because God is with you. We never know what our patience in time of trial is being witnessed by others. Perhaps we need to consider that our trial is as much for us as it is for them. For us to trust God more - for them to see that trusting God is something that they can and need to do. Remember, you are never a failure until you quit.  

If you’re discouraged, turn it around by remembering God teaches you patience during delay. Ask him to transform your discouragement into patience.  

I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O LORD.  
Psa.40:8,9


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment