Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

If it weren't for these FLAWS!!!



"Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
                                                                                                                                             2 Cor.12:8.9 


A person said once, "If it weren't for all these flaws, I'd be a descent person."  Yet, all of us have them. Flaws! I could do so much more if I didn't have them. But - is this true? Would I even be the same individual without them?

I do not make light of this, because when people are hurting, they need simple truth, not simplistic truth. Pain, hurts, habits are real and dealing with them can be difficult, discouraging, overwhelming, and sometimes even defeating.  And when someone hurts, it is not enough to tell them to pray, read their Bible, or go to church. We have to help deal with the infirmity, or help  to make changes in lives. 

It is a truth, that You are wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14). To fulfill God’s purpose we have to look at every dimension of our life and understand factors that influence our identity. Then, we have to make the most of what we’re given. We all have different parents, pains, problems, and potential, but we will all be held accountable one day for what WE did with those factors in our lives that God allowed to come into our lives - that we might give glory to Him. We cannot become all that God created us to be until we embrace our identity — the unmistakably unique and flawed YOU that God has intentionally made for a purpose.

Part of what makes us who we are is our chemistry,  DNA, genes, hormones, our chemical makeup. Here, we need to understand some things.  There are some things that we are born with. Hypersensitivity, allergies, arthritis, skin problems, eye disorders and things like this are all genetic and often handed down through family lines.  There are other things such as smoking, sexual behavior, religious preference, social behavior that are learned. . There is a difference. Yet, all are flaws - some learned, some acquired. The question is, what will I do with what I have - to bring God glory (Gal.2:20)?

It is only the fool that says within themselves that there is no God (Psa.14:1).  If we acknowledge that God is, and that in Him we live and have life (Acts.17:28), then the question becomes how do I take the life I have and bring God glory by it. Some may say, "I was born this way!" seeking to justify a lifestyle, behavior, or preference. But does that bring God glory? Or is it something that God has denounced as evil and repulsive (Jn.8:44)?  Some may say, "God gave me this disease, infirmity, ailment, problem. I can't do what God wants because..."  Whether God allowed this to come into your life or not, the question is not what can't you do! The question is what are you doing with what you have to bring God glory?

We will never be able to make a change in our life or fulfill God’s purpose for your life until we understand that we are who we are and what we are for God’s glory - not our own. The question then, is: What will you do with what you have been dealt?

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.Psa 139:14 

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment