Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do

My review of this book is slightly mixed though positive in most respects. Overall, I find the book a very pleasant one, easy to read and understand.

It is written in the form of maxims or principles toward how to find your way to a relationship with God. Written from the perspective of a person that is just beginning this walk, it is simple and to the point. There is good basic advice relevant to modern situations. I was impressed that the writers citation of scripture, that it was not overbearing, or that it made the reading boring.

I also liked the progression of the principles and this was what I found most pleasing about the book. For a person just beginning their journey out of a life of worldliness and into a life of spiritual living, I think this book would be a good gem to have. It was very straightforward, yet kind in its approach in encouraging the taking of the next step. I found myself wanting to read the next principle and then go back and re-read again.

I was surprised to find Bonus Material in the back that I felt very poignant with regard to answering some tough situations that people may be experiencing. Discouragement and Depression, Habits and Addictions, Sex and Intimacy. Wow - this was a great addition to this book!

I came away thinking that I know a young couple that I am counseling with, that I am going to give this book to to read.

Is there anything negative about the book? Not really. My only criticism if you would want to call it that, is that I wish the writers had gone into more detail in some places. But, I am a technical reader and most people are not. So this is not really a criticism as much as an observance.

A good book to recommend and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment