Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: The Shack by William P. Young

The Shack: William P Young
http://theshackbook.com/

My wife and I read this to one another, and WOW! Normally I don't get "involved" in books like this, but as soon as I started reading, we were hooked.

If you're reading this for the first time, there are some things in this book that are different, but my encouragement to you is stay with it and read it through. You will be the better for it. There are definitely some things in this book that the author deals with on a very personal level and definitely some things that will make you take a look at yourself deeply. One thing that I got out of the book, is not to put your concept of God, nor your thinking of God in a box.

I think that this is a book, that the outcome of the book and the impact will be different, depending upon the person reading it. I was talking with a friend the other day, who didn't have the same reaction that I had to it, but then I spoke with another who came away breath taken.
So...all I can encourage you to do is buckle up and read. Try not to do so with preconceived prejudices. Then...sit down and talk with God about yourself when you get done.

Am I going to tell you what it is about? Its about a visit to "The Shack" Maybe we all need to go to "The Shack" sometimes. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment