Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Man, Myth, Messiah by Rice Broocks 5 STARS!

BOOK REVIEW

Man, Myth, Messiah
Answering History's Greatest Question 
By Rice Broocks 


This is my first foray for a while, into what I consider to be Evidences books. I found it to be a good read - and a delightful thing that I found throughout most of the book is that the author doesn't assume that you are already a believer.  I found the book practical in its approach, and although the slant of the book takes you to the conclusion that Jesus is the Messiah, I found the approach stimulating. While I would like to have seen more comparison by Mr.Broocks with other beliefs and concepts, this book offers enough to give an honest comparison. It is a modern book, referencing modern materials, references and thoughts. I think I would have appreciated this book more, had I read his previous book, "God's Not Dead."  His approach is scholarly as well as scriptural and he makes a good point that there are more people who believe in Elvis sightings and UFO's to be real, than there are people who will give credit to even the concept that there was a man from Nazareth who rose from the dead. Yet, there is more evidence for the fact that Jesus is real and that what happened to Him is real. 

If you are not a believer, this book is NOT going to try to convert you. It will ask you to face facts to what is true. 

If you are a believer - hang on - because the book will take you beyond "the Bible said" into a challenging aspect of whether you believe just because, or whether you believe because there is no other reasonable alternative.

I give the book 5 stars. That's a high rating from me personally. But I rate it this because it took me to a realm that I had not considered, and for me reaffirmed a conclusion I came to sometime ago.  I hope that it will for you too.







No comments:

Post a Comment