Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle by Brad Lomenick

H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle by Brad Lomenick 


I have been a motivational follower for some time, and have had the opportunity to sit and hear some of the top speakers of this industry. While there has always been a slightly spiritual element to the speakers, and some have cited Bible references, I have found only two books in my 30+ years that have dealt with the subject using the scripture as the base of the discussion. This is the second. I'm not saying that there aren't more out there, but this is only the second in my encounters that I felt worthy even to pick up and read. 

At first, the book has the typical motivational book read about knowing who you are and where you are going in life and I wondered, "Where are the scriptures?" Then, I went back and re-read the preface and understood that we already know the scripture (or should) - so what we need to do is implement the principles. So, I began reading the book in a new light. I saw the habits that he refers to about developing, the goals seeking were already things Jesus taught in the sermon on the Mount and throughout the gospels. It intrigued me that the author brought these principles to play in the ever changing world of today's workforce. Where jobs aren't certain and life is ahead, these principles are good on any resume'.  I also found it enlightening that the author also appeals to other authors and sources to refer the reader to to further equip themselves in the endeavors that he promotes. I also liked the tips that he gives you in each chapter, that act as a personal application of the principles taught in the chapter. He also includes tips from other authors and those considered experts in the field which I thought was a unique twist.

This book gets a high mark from me. I found myself getting involved in the book and wanting to apply what it taught. However, it is not for everyone. If you are wanting to learn how to improve yourself motivationally, and wanting to be a better leader - then this book is a good one to have in your library. It will be one that you go back and re-read and refer to often. In some circles, it could even be used if accompanied by a workbook as a Bible Class on Leadership.  Even if you are not "Biblical" inclined, don't shy away from this book just because it is.  There are good principles taught here that you will find useful and that will make you a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment