Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2015

Sandstory: by Joe Castillo (A Book Review)

SandStory by Joe Castillo  Up until I selected this book for review, I did not know who he was, or what he did. I began to read the story of this man and his talent and am amazed. I had never seen a "Sandstory" though I will encourage you to on YouTube.  As an artist of Metal as well as Watercolor, I could identify with the creativity. I did not get into the book, until well through it, honestly a little envious of his related success. What amazed me was that he related that his intent in these was to tell the story and relate how God had moved with him in doing so. This may be a turn off to some, but his honesty to me is compelling. The saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" is very true here. You can read a lot of things, but when you see a picture, the story changes. What he has done with the Sandstory has lead him to stand before countries and kings. I found myself inspired by his story and more profoundly by his talent. It was like reading about a modern day Paul and his travels. No miracles, but people moved by what they see. I recommend this book to be put in the inspirational section of your personal libraries as a picker upper when you find yourself in pits of despair. It will lift your heart to see how someone with sand and light, can move audiences. It will encourage the heart of a believer in God and Christ to keep on telling your story.  And, if you haven't taken the time or have not seen a Sandstory, just go to your search engine and type in Sandstory.  You too will be amazed by what you see. Then, read his book. You will come away moved.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment