Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Wedding at Cana: Experiencing the Glory and Kingdom Kindle Edition by V. M. Liew

The Wedding at Cana: Experiencing the Glory and Kingdom Kindle Edition


The Wedding At Cana came referred to me. My first impression off the bat is that this was not what I was expecting. I mean this in both a good sense and bad. I am glad to say that I think the good outweighs the bad.

First the bad, but its not that bad.  This book is very intellectual and analytical. This is good because it is what I think we should do with scripture and biblical study, In fact, Mr.Liew did an excellent expose of the subject, analyzing in depth the subject. That however is the bad, at least for me. I found the analyzing tedious and losing my interest, making the book hard to complete. That may be because of the stage of reading that I am in at the current time. My time is limited and I don't find time for a lot of analytical inspection right now.

This said, I do recommend this book, especially for those looking into the miracles of Jesus. It is one of the better expose's that I have read on the subject, and Mr. Liew does an excellent job of getting into the cracks, crevices, and nuances of this event. I applaud him for doing so and in my book that makes him one of the better authors. Too many breeze over matters without looking in depth.

I definitely would recommend, especially for ministers, biblical teachers and those doing analytical studies of the scripture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment