Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Reluctant Journey: Fulfilling God’s Purpose for You by Dr. Richard Leslie Parrott

The Reluctant Journey: Fulfilling God’s Purpose for You by Dr. Richard Leslie Parrott

I have found this book interesting, albeit I was skeptical at first. Guess it shows that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover as they say.  There is a lot of reading to go through before you get to the meat of the book, but once there, I found it reflective and inviting. I have read several books on the same theme by more infamous authors and historians. Each was good in their niche, the same as this one is. It shouldn't be looked at for history, archaeology, etc., its theme is spiritual reflection. Why did people take these journeys? How did they get there? What happened along they way? What caused them to become the people of faith that they were?  These are the things that you will find in this book.  It is also equipped with thoughts at the end of the chapter and questions, so it could be used for devotional purposes or small group study.
The only real criticism that I have, is that the copy I have has very light printing. Combined with the paper being darker than normal, while giving the book a neat appearance made it difficult to read.  I don't know if the e-book is better or not, but I did find this a drawback.

Overall I give the book a high rating and recommendation. You won't be disappointed to consider its thoughts, or use it as a class study. 

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment