Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

Book Review: Jesus Continued: Why the Spirit Inside You is Better Than Jesus Beside You

Book Review: Jesus Continued: Why the Spirit Inside You is Better Than Jesus Beside                        You 
                       by: J.D.Greear

This book has been a good and interesting read. I have read several on this subject ranging on each pole of the subject, from conservative to out there. I found this book to be a good well rounded consideration of the Holy Spirit.  I have to admit up front that I was a little disturbed at the title until I considered what Jesus said. Then, the book became a journey for me to consider how the Holy Spirit works and manifests in my own life. I found myself renewed, both in what I already knew and what I was considering in the chapters of the book along with the Scriptures.  Well written Mr.Greear.


This said, I did find myself wanting more out of certain chapters or references.  Perhaps this is where personal investigation should take place. I liked the fact that he continually references Jesus’ own words and refers to the gospels. Perhaps the most important statement in the book, is that it is about God’s ability to work in us, not our own abilities, power or potential. I think I better understand now Paul’s sentiments that he learned to rejoice in his weakness.  I recommend this book to you heartily. I don’t believe you will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment