Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Sacred Journey - A Book Review

The Sacred Journey: Ancient Practices Series
by: Charles Foster

I found this to be an intriguing book, covering a diversity of topics yet, bringing you back to consider your own journey. Across cultures, religions, I found this book challenging as it switched topics and stories. Often, I would put it down, but then find myself drawn back to it again to read more. Each day became its own journey and each tale its own lesson, teaching us that life is just that way. Following God is not about a bunch of static rules, corporate maneuvering or theological entrenchment. It is about being practical with your faith and learning from what God brings to you every day. Two particularly interesting thoughts I found presented, were that each journey is its own pilgrimage and each pilgrimage has its own fellowship.


I heartily recommend this book to the reader. You will be the better for reading it, especially if you incorporate its concept into your walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment