Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

GOD CALLING..."I'm not done with you yet!"


I don’t know what you've gone through this past year but for me personally it has been a tough year. Not because of failings, but because of losses.  It may have been a very tough year for you as well. What I have learned, is that if your heart is still beating, if you’re still taking a breath, it means God is not done with you yet. 

Many people foo-foo the thought that God has a plan for each day of your life. Many would have God be that distant deity that's "out there somewhere" and only engages in peoples lives when the whim hits him to do so. Yet, this is not the God that I see in the scripture.  When Israel was in despair and feeling bereft of God, God speaks to them through Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)"  When David was king and oppressed of his enemies, he writes in Psa.27:10 “Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will take care of me”   This is not a distant, uncaring and unloving God.  This is our Father, who would have us to know His care, His compassion, His mercy!  God wants the rest of your life to be the best of your life. 

The sad thing is that a lot of people don’t want that love or compassion. When I came home whether my house here, or returning to my parents house for a visit, I ALWAYS felt at home, loved, and appreciated.  Many though never understand that,  because home for them is hell on Earth. Home might be a place of anger, frustration, violence, abuse, shame, guilt, resentment, pressure, or manipulation. Even so, remember what David said, “Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will take care of me”  God does not want to love you from a distance. He wants to love you up close and personal. God came to Earth and became one of us so we could know what he was like (Jn.1:14; Php.2; Heb.4:15). God is inviting you to come home to Him, who loves you, who sent his Son to die for you. The bottom line is this: Are you going to take a small step of faith and come home to God? Or are you going to let it bypass you another year and try to call out in times of despair to someone with whom you have no connection to at all?

Right now God is ready to welcome you — no matter who you are or what you’ve done. This isn’t about religion, it is not some recruiting drive to get you to be a club member; it’s about having a relationship with God.  What decision do you need to make today about your relationship with Jesus Christ? What is the next step  you need to take toward finding a home with God?  Here is what He says to you...

  • Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let the one hearing say, Come! And let the one who is thirsty come. And he willing, let him take of the Water of Life freely
  • Act 22:16  And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.'
  • Mat 11:28  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 


Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment