Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Seeing God in Stuff. | Stuff Christians Like – Jon Acuff

Seeing God in Stuff. | Stuff Christians Like – Jon Acuff:

'via Blog this'


4.Seeing God in Stuff.

Recently I took a picture of God.
I didn’t know it at the time. I thought I was just taking a picture of clouds.
Big, angry tornado about to hit Tennessee clouds.
And yet, when I posted the photo on Instagram a number of people told me they saw God in it.
Including me wife and she is not one to casually see God in stuff. Like the sides of barns or toaster strudels. (The toaster strudel absolutely destroys pop tarts by the way. It’s like the one breakfast pastry to rule all pastries. You get to control your own icing distribution! There can be no debate on this subject.)
Here is the picture in question:

I still don’t see it, but I do have some questions:
1. Am I less holy or more holy because I can’t see God in the photo? If I squint my eyes I can kind of see Tim Allen from “The Santa Clause 2.” What does that say about me?
2. I put a clarity filter on this photo before I posted it. Does adding a filter disqualify you from seeing God’s face in the photo?
3. If not, how long until we have a “See God In It” iPhone app that adds a holy filter to your photos?
4. Will the person who develops that app be struck by lightning for sacrilege?
5. If I took a picture of that lightning striking that app developer, would God’s face appear in the photo?
6. Could this section of questions be more circular?
Probably not. But that’s the way my head works. You’ve seen the photo and now I have two questions for you:
Do you see God in it?
Have you ever seen God in a photo before?

No comments:

Post a Comment