Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cussing Christians by Scott Williams - ChurchLeaders.com - Christian Leadership Blogs, Articles, Videos, How To's, and Free Resources

Cussing Christians by Scott Williams - ChurchLeaders.com - Christian Leadership Blogs, Articles, Videos, How To's, and Free Resources:

'via Blog this'

I’ve talked about this before, but I’m gonna get straight to the point; I am not trying to sound holier than thou, but I’m gonna keep it real as it relates to Cussing Christians. I’m not talking about words like sucks, screwed, freakin’ etc.

Not to minimize those words, but I’m talking about the four letter words and their cussing cousins. There is no need for me to share them, because we’re all grown folks and all have probably heard or spewed them at some time or another ourselves. I personally don’t use them, nor do I judge people who do; however I do feel as Christ followers we have a responsibility to encourage people to do better. Doing better can come in the form of encouraging our Christian brothers and sisters to use better language. The expectations and standards aren’t the same for my Non-Christian friends.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. James 3:9-12

I have been around too many Cussing Christians and Cussing Pastors; all I have to say is we can and should do better. Salty springs don’t produce fresh water and salty words don’t produce fresh fruit if you know what I mean. Do you want to be salty water or fresh water?

No comments:

Post a Comment